Tuesday 6 August 2013

$5 Chanel

One of my favourite places to shop is the Melville Markets. These fantastic flea markets are run by Rotary every Sunday morning in the Melville Plaza car park. I think this is where my love of op shopping and all things second hand was born. The Markets are only 5 minutes from where I live and I have been going there with my mum since I was little, always on the hunt for some pre-loved treasure to take home for less then the cost of a diet coke. 



Every time I go to the markets I come home with something cool. Sometimes they don't fit (you can't really try things on in the car park of a super market), but more often than not I find a gem hidden amongst the rusty tools, baby clothes and cheap plants. 


Today's style prompt was accessories, so I thought I would pull out the big guns and show off (yes I'm showing off here) my BEST EVER second hand buy. This is a huge call to make considering over the years I have picked up many amazing things, including designer stuff like my Prada hand bag, Balenciaga sunnies, DVF wrap dress, a Bottega Veneta tote, Celine t-shirt and the list goes on. But this is my all time favourite.... my gold Chanel chain necklace. I found this at the Melville Markets for $5 and have had it authenticated by a few different jewellers. It is one of my most prized possessions and it cost me the same as my daily coffee. If this doesn't inspire you to hit the op shops then I don't know what will!


I'm wearing my fabulous necklace with a cream knit top and vintage floral skirt, I picked up both at the Claremont Vinnies yesterday. They have 50% off all their clothing at the moment. The skirt and top cost me $6 for both! My red clogs are from Sportsgirl.


No comments:

Post a Comment