Friday 23 August 2013

Gold Rush

Day 23 is all about metallics! I was a little worried about metallic day, I didn't really know what I was going to wear because I honestly don't have many shiny things in my wardrobe (something I need to amend immediately!). I just moved house last weekend and as I was unpacking boxes last night I came across this skirt which I totally forgot I owned! AND IT'S GOLD! How perfect! 


I got this skirt about a year ago from my favourite op shop in Mosman Park. It was in a pile of clothes to be altered, which is why I completely forgot about it. It's amazing fabric, but a bit of a weird length. I think it looks a bit matronly so I have been meaning to hem it shorter. I didn't get a chance to do that last night so I just wore it as is and tried to toughen it up a bit with my $7 leather jacket.



I've accessorised my metallic skirt with a green suede belt (op shopped) and silk Reiss t-shirt which I bought recently at the Melville markets for $3! I've mentioned it before, but I love finding things in op shops and at flea markets that are 100% silk or wool or cotton. Those natural fabrics feel so luxurious to wear. This forest green top is just a basic t-shirt style, but because it's silk it feels so lovely and special. 



To up the metallic stakes I dusted off my super dooper gilt gold clutch which I got from a vintage store in Seattle. If that's not metallic enough for you then I don't know what is! My necklace is from my Grandma. My shoes are the only non second hand thing I'm wearing, they are Burberry flats from America. 

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment