Friday 27 September 2013

Purple Haze

There is nothing I love more than a theme! I've never been much of an AFL girl, but I grew up (and now live) in Fremantle so it's hard not to be swept up in the excitement of the Dockers making it to their first grand final. Tomorrow's the big day so I thought I would jump on the band wagon and don my favourite purple and white coat in honor of my local team. 


Yesterday I bought a whole bunch of Fimo, which is coloured clay you can bake in the oven. I got all different colours and am really excited to make some jewellery. Last night I made this fairly amateur anchor brooch to wear with my 'Dockers' coat (as it will now be known). I love wearing brooches! They are such a fun accessory that people seem to forget about. I've got a couple of ideas for Fimo brooches I would like to make over the weekend, but I need more! Never too many brooches!



My skirt is vintage, I picked it up at a flea market in Amsterdam. It was full length, but because the fabric is quite heavy it made me look really boxy, so I altered it in to a mini skirt. My little blue top was taken from my Aunt's wardrobe, it's Lisa Ho (fancy!). I'm also wearing my trusty Asos spikey brogues.



My hair is really dirty today, but I was so lazy this morning that I couldn't be bothered washing it (I'm terrible, I know). I twisted it in to different sections and then pinned it all back into a bun, I think the final look it actually quite good. You've got to love a hairstyle that can make your wash last one extra day!

This last picture is me saying GOOOO DOCKERS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment