Wednesday 9 October 2013

Squiddy!

I'm very new to the world of blogging. I only started writing this blog (my first) in July, and before that I had only been reading and following blogs for about 6 months. I get very excited when I find a new blog that sparks my imagination and inspires me to try different things with my wardrobe (and my life). Luckily for me, whilst I was following the Perth Fashion Festival Restyle challenge in August, I discovered some really awesome Perth bloggers. 

Some of my favourite Perth style blogs are Little Miss Mon Bon, The Vintage Valley and The Harbour Master. These girls are much more experienced bloggers than I am and they are super stylish, creative and interesting. Almost every time I read a new post on their blogs I'm inspired to try a new hairstyle, colour combination or style an outfit differently. It's pretty great! 


Any way, LONG story short, the brains behind The Harbour Master blog also designed and created these amazing squid earrings! I had seen them in various incarnations on her blog and when the opportunity came to purchase some of my own I jumped at the chance. Everyone should have dangley squid earrings!! The white and red are a perfect colour combo for me and I know they will be the pièce de résistance for many of my outfits.


Today I'm wearing my CapnMueller squid earrings with a black and white spotty blouse that I scored at an op shop in Queensland. My op shopped denim skirt is my new favourite, I've literally been wearing it almost every day, it's just so versatile! My sunglasses are two tone vintage Chanel, I trawled the internet trying to find a pair of these after seeing them on one of the Olsen twins. It took about 3 months of searching but I eventually found them on eBay and snapped them up for $100. My shoes are red patent brogues by Rachel Antonoff.

I really need to learn how to photoshop the permanent volleyball bruises from my knees! Not a good look!

No comments:

Post a Comment