Thursday 7 November 2013

Summer Tops are Hard to Find

Summer is here! Well not quite, but it’s been beautiful and sunny and over 30 degrees for the last few days, so I’m feeling particularly jubilant! Over the winter months I have been steadily collecting a variety of colourful summer tops and I’m so excited the weather is finally warm enough to whip them out and show them off.


After being fairly committed to only wearing dresses for the past few years, I’ve recently accumulated a nice collection of skirts and then realised that I actually don’t have many tops to wear with them. So it’s been my mission to find cute tops that will work with my skirts. It’s actually really hard to find a nicely fitted top! My ultimate is a tightly fitted cap sleeve knit top with a high scoop neck. I have one of these in black, which I’ve had for years and I wear it SO OFTEN, I want that exact top in every colour of the rainbow, but alas, I haven’t managed to find any more of them. 



This orange and white stripe number with it’s excellent pussy bow cost me $4.99 from Salvos (I know that because the tag was still on it when I walked out the house this morning). It’s isn’t the scoop neck knit of my dreams, but it’s cotton, it’s got capped sleeves and it’s brightly coloured so I love it.
 


This skirt is a very new addition, I got it on Sunday from the Red Cross in Fremantle for $7. The Red Cross in Freo is normally a bit more expensive but they had 50% off all of their clothes! Winner! This was the only thing I bought, but there was plenty of other lovely bits and pieces, you should check it out if you are in Fremantle. My earrings are vintage from the Melville Markets ($1 if I recall!) and my shoes are Witner that I’ve had for a few seasons. I hope this glorious weather continues so I can keep wearing all of my summery blouse/skirt combinations (you know there are many more to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment