Wednesday 11 February 2015

Wine Weekend


My boyfriend and I escaped the city for a few days in wine country last weekend. It was seriously bliss. We stayed at Redgate Beach Escape, which was so lovely I honestly couldn’t recommend them enough. We had an excellent deck with a view of the ocean through the bush and native scrub. We ate our body weight in cheese and chocolate and sampled a fair few of the local wines. I’m already planning my next trip back!



On the Saturday we went out for wine tasting and a delicious lunch at Voyager Estate. I bought a new dress for the occasion, so was very excited to wear it out. There isn’t particularly a dress code when wine tasting (and I certainly saw a lot of people come through who clearly had just walked off the beach) but I always like to get a little dressed up when go, so this vintage Laura Ashley dress was just the ticket. The beautiful pink and purple floral print matched the magnificent Voyager gardens perfectly, I pranced around in the vine yards for quite some time making my boyfriend take pictures of me. HAHA! These pictures were taken in front of our chalet, so you can get an idea of what our view was like.



Dress: Claremont Vinnies $8
Belt: Op Shop
Bag: Op Shop
Shoes: Op Shop
Brooches: Assorted gifts and op shop


Photos taken by Luke who has very little patience for my posing and prancing hence I only have 3 outfit shots instead of the usual 75 ;)

2 comments:

  1. you look like you had an amazing weekend..... I love the dress!

    www.blogsbygabrielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Gabrielle!! I had a wonderful weekend, wish I could go back right now! x

    ReplyDelete