Wednesday 18 March 2015

Date Night Dressing



You often hear that women dress for women not men, and I have to say it’s definitely true in my life. I dress for myself, but I know that other women are the ones who will appreciate my outfit, whereas guys often think I look a bit insane, or like a granny, my boyfriend included (he often says I dress like I’m going to church). So when dressing for a date night with my lovely Luke I generally steer clear of my crazy vintage pieces and try to put together outfits that aren’t so ‘out there’. I find it hilarious that Luke hardly bats an eyelid when I don a fancy cocktail dress and spend ages doing my hair and makeup. Put me in jeans, a t-shirt and not a scrap of make up and he’s rushing to compliment me. Maybe he’s trying to tell me something haha.




On Saturday night we went to one of our favourite bars and played Connect Four (while drinking wine, because we’re adults). Seeing as the weather was a bit crap and I knew I’d be stuffing my face with yummy bar snacks I went for a casual comfy outfit made up of a few classics. Throw on some cute shoes and easy accessories, this outfit took me about 24 seconds to whip together.




Next time I’m lamenting that I have nothing to wear I must remember that the leather skirt/t-shirt combo is preeeeetty fail safe.



What’s your go-to date night look?

Skirt: Thrift store in Paris
T-shirt: Opportunity Knocks $4
Necklace: Good Sammies Myaree $2
Bag: Good Sammies Balcatta $2
Hat: Op Shop
Shoes: Seed


No comments:

Post a Comment