Monday 9 March 2015

Vintage Perfection



I found this vintage maxi dress waiting for me at the Save the Children op shop in Mosman Park. It was love at first sight! When I took it up to the counter to pay for it the lovely volunteer tentatively asked whether I would be changing it in any way. I promised her that I planned to wear it exactly as it is, the relief in her eyes was tangible!





I’m certainly not opposed to altering vintage pieces to fit your style a little better. There is no point having a wardrobe full of glorious vintage if you are never going to wear it. But every now and then I come across something that is so perfect just the way it is. This dress fits like a dream, the print is amazing and the perma-pleats are perfection, I don’t need to change a single thing!


With the right accessories you can easily make a vintage dress a little more modern (and save the little old lady behind the counter from a heart attack!). When the weather cools down I’ll wear this dress with my leather jacket and boots, but for now a hat and sweet sunnies does the job nicely.


Dress: Save the Children Mosman Park $15
Cuff: Opportunity Knocks $2
Belt: Op Shop
Shoes: Bally, Op Shop
Brooch: Op Shop
Hat: Op Shop
Sunglasses: Pared 


No comments:

Post a Comment