Friday 24 July 2015

Leather Legs



I never say never when it comes to my wardrobe, BUT... I honestly NEVER thought a pair of leather pants would EVER feature in my wardrobe. I should really listen to my own advice!


 
It all started a few weeks ago when my lovely boyfriend accidentally shrunk my beloved black leggings. They were the perfect leggings, perfect thickness, perfect length, perfect fit. To say I was devastated when he pulled them out of the dryer and they were a foot too short is an understatement. I had planned for my those leggings to be a key staple in my Queensland/Queenstown travel wardrobe, so I needed to re-think or re-buy quickly.


 
As I'm on my Buy Nothing New challenge, a spanner was thrown into the works as I couldn't just go to the shops and buy another pair. So I'd been trawling through op shops for a few weeks hoping to come across a substitute, when I found these leather legging/pants in a consignment store near my work. I tried them on in a fit of desperation and was utterly shocked to see that they actually looked ok... good even.



Suddenly I started imagining all of the outfits I could wear the pants with, all the occasions I could rock some leather leggings at, all the different personas I could channel while wearing said pants... Suddenly I found myself shelling out $90 for a pair of leather pants and considering the average cost per item in my wardrobe is about $6, this was a big investment. I'm pleased to report that I haven't regretted it once. Leather pants, you're alright!

Pants: Fusion Clothing (consignment store)
Jumper: Good Sammies Myaree $5
Jacket: Salvos Osborne Park $15
Scarf: Good Sammies Myaree $3
Hat: Op Shop
Boots: Tony Bianco
Sunglasses: Pared 

 
 
P.S I'm off to Queenstown tonight after five fabulous days in Queensland, can't wait to hit the slopes! Follow along with my insta (@inthedressupbox) if you can handle some holiday envy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment