Wednesday 1 July 2015

Packing and Planning



Luke and I are heading off on holiday in 17 days! I am SO excited. As with all my holidays big or small, packing and planning my outfits is one of my favourite things. Our up coming trip is a little tricky because we will be spending a week camping in sunny Queensland and a week skiing in snowy Queenstown. So planning what to pack for two very different climates is a challenge!




To combat the temperature difference in our two destinations I'll be relying on lots of layers, which shouldn't be too hard. Years ago I did a snow season in Banff, and managed to survive the -35 degree temperatures wearing my cotton summer dresses layered with thermals, tights, beanies, gloves, scarves and the heaviest winter jackets I could find. So Queenstown with it's balmy -4 degrees should be a breeze! 

I'll definitely be taking along this whole outfit though (with the addition of some tights!). I found this kilt only a few days ago and I am SO IN LOVE. I've been wanting a kilt for ages, and while you often see them in op shops, I could never find one that was the right fit, length or tartan. This one fits the bill perfectly!




If any one has tips or suggestions on great places to eat, drink or see in Queenstown please let me know! We'll be spending most of our days on the slopes, but I definitely want to make time to explore the rest of the town. 

T-Shirt: Red Cross Willeton $6
Kilt: Anglicare Belmont $7
Jacket: Wittner
Boots: Tony Bianco
Socks: Target
Beanie: Hand made by my lovely aunt
Sunglasses: Pared Eyeware



No comments:

Post a Comment