Wednesday 2 September 2015

AVA

A few weekends ago I got together with a couple of my favourite Perth bloggers for a little collaboration for Perth based fashion brand, AVA. The lovely Petra (the brains behind AVA) sent Em from the Illusive Femme, Demelza from Demelza Buckley, Sameera from Dynamique Blog and me the same jacket and challenged us to put together an outfit with it which showcases our own unique sense of style. The whole idea being that the four of us bloggers have completely different body shapes and very contrasting personal styles, but a classic black blazer is an essential item for any wardrobe.



The jacket in question is this absolutely divine Penny blazer, it’s made of a beautiful thick cotton and feels very luxurious to wear. It has a great layered and folded lapel and a lovely peplum detail which gives a great shape to the jacket. I’m wearing a size 12, but the sizes are quite generous so if you order one then I’d suggest sizing down. Anyway, on to the styling! I decided to wear my AVA Penny blazer with a vintage wiggle dress and some sparkly thrifted brooches. This is exactly the kind of outfit I would wear to work. Structured and lady like, but with a bit of interest. Many of the AVA dresses and jackets seem to have a bit of a vintage feel to them, which I absolutely love. Think beautiful day dresses with nipped in waists and knee length hems. Swoon!


Demelza, Em and Sameera all styled their jackets in completely different ways, which was really cool! Em went for an edgy weekend look, with a bit of leather, leopard and a printed T. Demelza clashed her classic lady like style with some super cool leather pants and Sameera looked effortlessly chic in a silk cami, slouchy khaki pants and killer heels. I was so impressed with every one else’s outfits, it just made me realise even more how versatile a classic black jacket is. There are endless ways I can (and will!) style this jacket!






After our photoshoot (which was SO much fun) Em interviewed us all about our thoughts on body image, personal style and blogging. Pop over to her blog The Illusive Femme to read the full interview and do click on the links below to view the other girls blogs (they are sooo worth it!)

Demelza – Demelza Buckley
Sameera – Dynamique Blog



I'm wearing:
Jacket: AVA Penny Blazer
Dress: Thrift store in Seattle
Belt: Op Shop
Brooches: Op Shop
Shoes: J Crew, eBay
Sunglasses: Pared Eyeware


Thanks Em and Adi for the fab photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment