Wednesday 7 October 2015

One Week In




We’re one week into Frocktober! Have you been rocking a frock each day? I’m super excited by the glorious weather we’ve been having, I’ve been able to pull all of my lovely summer dresses and sandals out of their winter hiding places. 




Now this black dress may not appear to be anything special, but I must say it’s one of the most versatile things in my wardrobe. Particularly during Frocktober when you need to stretch your collection of dresses to last for a whole month. A black tube dress is essential! This one is from Supre (by way of Salvos) and is so easy to wear. It can scrunch up into a suitcase, hides a myriad of marks and the slightly athletic neckline is super flattering on broad shouldered girls like myself. It can be dressed up with heels and the right jewellery or down with some casual accessories and flats. I wore this outfit on the weekend, perfect for running errands and catching up for coffee. 




How do you like my little bag? I decided I wanted to customise a cross over bag with my initials, so I set about finding a cheap (just in case the DIY failed!) black bag in an op shop. It didn’t take me long to find this one for $1 in the bargain bin at Good Sammies, I then bought some iron on letters from Spotlight and super glued them to the bag. It took me all of 30 seconds and I’m so happy with how it turned out. I want to put my initials on everything now! 


Next week I’ll share another way to style this dress, which will let you get SO much more wear out of it and people won’t realise you’re repeating too often.

Dress: Salvos O’Connor $6
Bag: Good Sammies Fremantle $1 (plus DIY letters)
Sandals: Good Sammies Subiaco $10
Scarf: Op Shop 
Hat: Vintage, eBay
Sunglasses: Karen Walker


P.S Apparently this dress gives me quite the ghetto booty... who knew I possessed such a thing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment