Monday 22 August 2016

National Op Shop Week


Hey there!! I told you I’d be back! Today marks the first day of National Op Shop Week! How awesome is that? If you ever needed a reason to check out your local op shop then this is it. In celebration of this fabulous week the lovely people at the Australian Red Cross asked me to pop into to some of their op shops and put together an outfit entirely from thrifted items. How fun!






I actually built this outfit from the accessories up, picking out the vintage wool cap the moment I walked through the doors of the Red Cross store in Willagee. I found the sweet round glasses (which are a surprisingly flattering shape for my giant head!) and this beautiful amber pendant necklace in the same trip. I then headed to the Red Cross store in Fremantle which is a bit of a favourite of mine, they have such a great collection of vintage and designer gear. I knew for sure I’d be able to find something amazing to work with my cool thrifted accessories. And boy I was not wrong! This amazing silk Empire Rose dress is SO GREAT! I’ve actually already worn it twice since picking it up last week. I love the whole ‘Stevie Nicks’ vibe of the billowing sleeves and floaty skirt.



This entire outfit was just shy of $100, from my fabulous leather boots all the way up to my vintage wool cap. Creating a whole outfit from op shopped items isn’t actually as daunting as it sounds and shopping second hand means you can play around with different trends or styles that you might not wear ordinarily. If there was ever a week to have fun with style and shop outside the box then this is it! Head to your local op shop and have a rummage, I promise you’ll love it!



Dress: Empire Rose, Red Cross Op Shop Fremantle
Boots: Country Road, Red Cross Op Shop Fremantle
Hat: Vintage, Red Cross Op Shop Willagee
Necklace: Red Cross Op Shop Willagee
Sunnies: Red Cross Op Shop Willagee


4 comments:

  1. Love the sleeves. Nice find on the hat too!
    xx Jenelle
    http://www.inspiringwit.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely! I was definitely inspired by your vintage cap! xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today marks the first day of National Op Shop Week! How awesome is that? If you ever needed a reason to check out your local op shop then this is it. In celebration of this fabulous week the lovely people at the Australian Red Cross asked me to pop into to some of their op shops and put together an outfit......

    Branding Agency Singapore | Smo service Singapore

    ReplyDelete