Saturday 10 August 2013

Road Trip Outfit

So today is Saturday and the Re-style prompt is Blazers. Last Saturday was white shirt which was a challenge for the exact reason blazer is a challenge today. It's Saturday! I wear jackets and blazers and shirts to work all week, so on the weekend I want to throw on my well worn denim jacket and be done with it. BUT I do love a challenge...



I'm going away this weekend to a volleyball competition, so I wanted to dress comfortably for the two hour drive. After much umming and ahhing and trying to work out how to make this style prompt appropriate for a road trip I finally decided on this outfit. My stripey dress is super stretchy and great for traveling, I bought it for $8 from an op shop in Bunbury. 



The long black blazer is an old op shop find as well, over the years I've had many black blazers but never really wore them, when I found this one I loved it immediately. It is great quality, fits perfectly and I like that it is a bit longer. I have more exciting blazers (pink and green checks anyone?) but the classic black works best for this kind of no-fuss comfy outfit. 


My black beanie is hand made by my aunt. She knitted it for me before I went to Europe at the beginning of the year (I'm pretty spoilt!). Converse and aviators finish the look, which was actually surprisingly good to wear whilst sitting in a car for a few hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment