Thursday 5 September 2013

Terrifying 26

It was my birthday yesterday. I turned 26, I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it. 25 was such a great year for me. I did lots of travelling, moved in to an amazing new house, made some great friends, worked hard, started playing volleyball again and finally started blogging. I feel really good about myself and where I am in life at the moment, but it would be nice to stay 25 just a little bit longer. 


I love getting dressed up for my birthday, I love getting dressed up any day, but on the 4th of September I really get excited about it. I wanted to wear my favourite coat (I wore this coat on my birthday last year too), so I based my outfit around it. I bought this vintage purple print coat from an op shop just over a year ago. It's amazing. I love the cropped sleeves and the pattern is to die for. I wish it was lined, but you can't have everything!


My pink and purple floral dress is a new addition (very new actually, I bought it on Tuesday for $2!!), it's actually size 16 so I had to cinch in the waist a lot to make it fit. I might try and alter it when I have time. I really like this dress, the skirt is an great shape which allows me to wear my crinoline underneath. I love wearing my crinoline, it makes me feel very lady like and proper, which is exactly how you should feel on your 26th birthday! My belt is an old leather one I've had for years, picked up at an op shop in Hervey Bay QLD.

My spikey white brogues are from Asos. I'm loving brogues at the moment, because I'm so tall it's great to have a shoe option that isn't a heel but still looks stylish. Brogues are it for me, I have a patent red pair too and I just ordered a black and white pair online yesterday (birthday present to myself!). I think they will be awesome to wear with bare legs and summer dresses when the weather starts to warm up. 

So that's my birthday outfit! Lot's of pink and purple and flowers and puff... it's a very Hannah outfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment