Friday 11 October 2013

Holiday Dreaming

I'm going on a family holiday in early December. I'm pretty excited. I have a wonderful relationship with my parents and brother, so I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time relaxing by the pool and sipping cocktails with them. We haven't even booked our flights yet and I've already started planning my holiday wardrobe (that's totally normal right?!). 

Top of my packing list is this lovely silk Shakuhachi dress that I found at my favourite op shop in Mosman Park. It was half price so I got it for $6, ridiculous! Our holiday destination is going to be hot and humid, so light weight clothing is the way to go, I think this dress will be perfect. It's also going to be a great addition to my wardrobe for our Perth summer, when the temperatures creep beyond 35 degrees and the thought of wearing any clothes at all makes you want to weep. 


Unfortunately holidays are still two months away, so I'm wearing this dress with a slip underneath and wedges, instead of a bikini and thongs. My wedges are from Hobbs and they are actually the most comfortable shoes I own. Not the most comfortable heels/wedges I own, the most comfortable shoe, period. They are amazing! I love the structural look of them and the leather is such great quality. They weren't cheap (about $180 from memory), but they were worth every penny. 



The gold tassel necklace I'm wearing is from Lovisa (I think it was $5) and the thin gold one was my Grandma's. I've got quite a few holiday outfits planned and I can't wait to wear them. Now I just need to get through another 8 weeks of work before the cocktails and pedicures begin! 



No comments:

Post a Comment