Tuesday 24 December 2013

Novelty Brooch Friday



Apparently Novelty Brooch Friday is a thing! How awesome! I discovered it thanks to the marvellous blog Tuna Bake and promptly jumped on that band wagon last Friday. I wore my perspex red poodle brooch from Erst Wild designs. Because I decided not to wear one of my Christmas brooches, I went with a red and white colour scheme, just to make sure no one forgets what time of year it is. 


Novelty Brooch Friday is such a great idea! I actually like having a little direction in my dressing, which is why I loved doing the Perth Fashion Festival Restyle challenge so much. It’s nice to have some parameters that you can be creative within. Having such a vast wardrobe means things can get lost and forgotten for a while, so being told that you MUST wear a brooch on Fridays or stripes on Tuesday or whatever, forces me to think a little harder about what I own that fits within those lines.
 

This grey and white stripy dress is an op shop beauty that I picked up a few months ago. I have only worn it one other time because the drop waist confuses me a bit. I’m so used to wearing everything on my waist, that having something sit around my hips is weird. In almost all of the pictures I took of this outfit I have my hands on my waist, subconsciously trying to create the same hourglass silhouette of my other outfits. 


That being said, I do love the shape of this dress, the neck line is very flattering and the huge frills in the skirt are excellent for twirling. Grey and white stripes are also a great canvas for adding other colours. On this day I went with red, but you could really wear it with any colour in the rainbow and the grey and white would still work. My scarf is doing  a poor job of disguising my desperately-in-need-of-a-wash hair . My sandals were $5 from the markets and my sunglasses are Prada


P.S Happy Christmas Eve!



No comments:

Post a Comment