Monday 23 December 2013

Red Lips Will Cure Anything


This is my ‘I’m so hungover the only thing that will cure me is red lipstick and new shoes’ outfit. I don’t know if this is a common thing, but whenever I wake up after a night of too many champagnes I find putting on a face full of makeup and nice clothes will generally make me feel a bit better. When I woke up on Saturday morning, I had to drag myself out of bed to do the last of my Christmas shopping, luckily I had my new espadrilles and a nice bright lip (and several coffees!) to get me out the door. 




My top is new as well. I bought it last week from Save the Children op shop in Mosman Park, it’s United Colours of Benetton and cost $7. I love the tropical print and it’s 100% cotton, a perfect summer top! (Another to add to my large collection of sleeveless tie up shirts). I think I may have solved my ‘not enough summer tops’ problem!




This trusty denim skirt and my new espadrilles were a great shopping combination, obviously I also needed the biggest sunglasses I own to hide my tired eyes (no amount of concealer could cover up those bags!). After traipsing around the shopping center for an hour I was actually feeling quite good, so I rewarded myself with some new shoes. Turns out buying new shoes is also a pretty great hang over cure. 



I hate feeling hungover (duh!), especially at this time of year when there is so much happening and so much to do. I’m definitely going to monitor my champagne consumption a little more closely over the following days, I want to be on fine form for Christmas day and all the fun it entails! 








No comments:

Post a Comment