Sunday 19 January 2014

Style Resolutions

Happy New Year! I'm not one to make new years resolutions (and certainly not one to stick to them!) but I thought that making some 'style resolutions' might be a good way to make sure my blog content and wardrobe are a bit more interesting this year. As much as it may seem like I'm always wearing different clothes, I actually have a pretty safe formula and I don't mix it up that often. So without further ado I present my 2014 style resolutions which will hopefully help me step out of my comfort zone and start really experimenting with fashion...

Wear more accessories! And wear them in unexpected ways
Find new ways to wear and style my favourite pieces
Try different makeup (winged eye liner isn't the only option!)
Learn to wear pants

 

I'm excited to start playing around with different looks. Hopefully these style resolutions will keep me on the right track and I won't fall back in to the continuous routine of skirt, tie top, brooch again (although I do love that combo!).




My outfit in these pictures is actually ticking off the last of my 4 Simple Goals! I made this full circle skirt just before Christmas. It cost $14 for the fabric, trim and zip and took me about 1.5 hours to make. I did enjoy making something from scratch and the endless fabric options at Spotlight are extremely exciting, I'll definitely be attempting to make a few more things this year. My knit top is from Flower, brooch and belt are op shopped and my espadrilles are from eBay. 


Happy New Year! Do you have any resolutions (stylish or otherwise)?


No comments:

Post a Comment