Friday 7 March 2014

Black Out

This outfit is COMPLETELY out of the ordinary. Yes caps locks are required. Let's break this look down... all black, no print, shorts, very low cut top, no defined waist and no winged eyeliner. What is going on!?


Months ago when I was doing the Restyle Challenge, I realised that I have very few sequins in my wardrobe, something that I have been trying to amend since. But finding pretty sequined things in op shops has actually proved to be quite difficult. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of sequins to be found, but finding them attached to a garment I would actually wear has been hard. I chanced upon this cotton caftan top a few weeks ago and fell in love with the sequin details on the front. The super low neckline and loose cut of the shirt are definitely not my usual look, but I kept coming back to it in the shop and decided to give it ago. Giving clothes a go that aren't your usual style is a lot easier when said garment only costs $6! 


Paired with my vintage leather shorts and new Jeffrey Campbell boots, I felt very cool! Even though the top is very low cut I think the long sleeves and loose fit make it acceptable. It's not a look I would normally go for and certainly not during the day but it worked for a night out on the dance floor and I would definitely wear it again.




Top: Op Shop
Shorts: Vintage, Op Shop
Boots: Jeffrey Campbell via Nasty Gal
Bag: Target
Rings: Assorted vintage and gifts



No comments:

Post a Comment