Monday 11 August 2014

Restyle Day 11 - Arm Candy

I’m so excited about today’s style prompt! Arm candy can refer to a lot of things (bangles, bracelets, cuffs, clutches etc) but the first thing that came to my mind was a sexy man on your arm! And who better to dress up and pose with me then my very own arm candy Luke! My lovely boyfriend graciously agreed to let me find him an outfit and stand still long enough for some snaps.


This is a great opportunity to point out that Australian Red Cross op shops have some fantastic men’s gear, it’s not just about the ladies! They have lots of great basics, work gear, shirts and suits right through to some super quirky and cool stuff (and endless Hawaiian shirts!).



Luke has a very casual style, favouring comfort over anything else, so when I was shopping for him my number one priority was basic styles with some interest by way of colour or pattern (but nothing too wild!). I always check out the men’s section of an op shop for myself and will often find something great for Luke. Good quality cotton shirts are what I seem to have the most luck finding, but over the years I’ve bought a myriad of sports jerseys, jumpers, jackets and even shoes.


I’m really happy with the outfit I put together for Luke, and most importantly he’s happy with it too! (Phew!)

Luke
Shirt: Australian Red Cross Shoalwater $7
Shorts: Australian Red Cross Hamilton Hill $3
Shoes: Converse (from an Op Shop!)

Hannah
Blouse: Australian Red Cross Hamilton Hill $3
Skirt: Op Shop
Scarf: Op Shop
Shoes: Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Such a great take on the prompt and I love your colour co-ordinating outfits! :p

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Luke was a little embarrassed with the level of colour coordinating to be honest, but I love it! hehe x

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! Love the matching colour scheme and the interest you've added with the prints and your bow etc. I'm yet to convince my boyfriend of being in a post but I might show him this and try my luck ;) hehehe
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Steph! I was very surprised when Luke actually agreed to be on the blog, he normally holds a firm 'NO PHOTOS' stance! Good luck with your boyfriend! x

      Delete