Saturday 16 August 2014

Restyle Day 16 - Gown

An op shop is probably the last place you would think to look when searching for a gown. Even myself, a seasoned op-shopper, was hesitant when I saw the style prompt and wondered if I would manage to find a dress I’d actually wear to a black tie event. When I think of op-shopped gowns I think huge taffeta confections strait out of the 80s and covered in bows. Although those beauties do exist in abundance, the Australian Red Cross op shop in Willagee had me covered when it came to finding something a little more my style. They have a whole section in their store for black tie and designer gear which was filled with beautiful garments! I chose this teal Kookai number, which although not full length, is suitably glamorous to count as a gown.


I am in love with the huge pieces of fabric which are attached to the skirt. They can be tied up in so many different ways and really change the whole look of the dress.  The stretchy jersey fabric is thick enough to wear sans bra (which is unheard of for me!) and lets me show off the riske` open back.



I’m so pleased with this find, someone needs to invite me to a black tie event so I can prance around in my op-shopped dress and exclaim over the price of it. Who needs to pay $500+ for a gown when you can pick one up for less than $20? I’d definitely recommend visiting Red Cross Willagee if you have a special event coming up and need some new threads!




Dress: Australian Red Cross Willagee $18
Earrings: Australian Red Cross Mandurah $4
Bracelets: Op Shop
Shoes: Wittner

No comments:

Post a Comment