Wednesday 24 September 2014

Black and White and ??

Dressing for work can be tough. A colleague of mine mentioned the other day that she always has trouble putting together interesting yet office-appropriate outfits, so she just wears all black and one other colour, which can be a bit stark. This got me thinking about how I get dressed for work, and when I looked at my office wardrobe I noticed it’s filled with black and white prints.



Mixing and matching monochrome prints is so easy, you can literally wear any combination together and it will look chic and polished. My go-to work look is one or two black and white prints plus a coloured piece. This isn’t that far off from my colleague who only wears black and one colour. But the inclusion of a print (or two) easily takes a look from boring to interesting.




Black and white is a conservative combo so adding another colour into the mix is where you get your statement. This chartreuse jacket was one I picked up for Restyle but never actually wore for any of the prompts. I have worn it to work quite a few times though, the colour is SO bright it works perfectly paired with traditional stripes or spots.




This whole outfit is op-shopped which always feels like a little win in my books!

Dress: Salvos O’Connor
Jacket: Red Cross North Perth
Shoes: Salvos Osborne Park
Belt: Op Shop
Bangles: Op Shop




No comments:

Post a Comment