Monday 8 December 2014

Braving the Shops


I braved the shops this weekend and dashed into Garden City to grab a few final Christmas gifts. I love Christmas but BOY do I hate the shops during this festive time. I hate crowds at the best of times, but during December things just get out of hand. Screaming children, sweaty mums, irritable shop staff and clueless men all weaving in and around each other, give me a quiet, messy little op shop any day! 



Visiting Garden City was a necessary evil, so I ran in and out and I made sure I was wearing my spiky brogues so I could kick someone in the shin if things got desperate (they didn't, dam). Thankfully I have now completed my Christmas shopping so I won't need to go back, phew!



When I was in Sydney recently I was eager to check out the Uniqlo store. I didn't know much about Uniqlo before going into their shop, but it was easy to see why everyone in Sydney seemed to be walking around with one of their red and white bags. The store was filled with classic shapes and basic designs in a rainbow of colours. They didn't have many printed items, but of course my eye flew to the small section of they did have and this Jonathan Adler print shirt came home with me. It's so lovely to wear and is the perfect thing to layer under my vintage Laura Ashley denim dress.


Dress: Op Shop 
Shirt: Uniqlo 
Brooch: Vintage
Shoes: Asos
Bag: Op Shop
Sunglasses: Dolce & Gabbana 



P.S In keeping with my 12 Outfits of Christmas I added some touches of red… red totally makes everything more Christmassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment