Friday 8 May 2015

Bindaring Sale - Tips and Tricks




The Bindaring Red Cross sale is only one week away! Is any one else counting down like I am? Next week I’m going to share some of the amazing pieces that will be available for you to buy at the sale (seriously there is SO much good stuff!). But today I thought I’d share some hot tips for getting the most out of the Bindaring Sale…




Get there early
The vintage Emporium, Op Shop section and Fill a Bag for $1 area all open their doors at 9am with the designer Boutique opening at 10am. People have been known to start queueing up from the wee hours of the morning so they can be the first people to rush in and start rummaging. If a 5am start isn’t your thing then don’t worry, there is seriously so much stuff so you are sure to find a treasure regardless of when you arrive.

Wear something easy
My top tip for tackling the Bindaring Sale is to wear leggings, a fitted top and slip on shoes. This will allow you to try most things on over your clothes and means you don’t need to wait in line for a change room. Leave your accessories at home (they’ll just get in the way) but make sure you bring an over the shoulder bag. Being hands free will make it much easier to quickly flick through the racks and lug around your favourite finds. This probably doesn’t sound like the most fashionable outfit to wear to a fashionable event, but you’ll thank me when you’re not peeling off your skinny jeans and re-lacing your ankle boots for the 50th time.

Have a plan
Op shops can be overwhelming when you don’t know what you are looking for or what you want. The Bindaring sale is like an op shop on steroids, so it’s good to have a rough idea of what you hope to find and where you want to go first. I’m planning to check out the vintage Emporium, Fill a Bag for $1, designer Boutique and finally the Op Shop section in that order. I also have a small list of items I’d love to find so I know roughly what I’m looking out for (flared jeans, leather skirt, vintage hats)

Bring cash
The sale is cash only! There are ATMs at the show grounds, but to save yourself from standing in a queue for ages (when you could be rummaging for treasure!) withdraw some money before you arrive. This is also handy for budgeting, I can get very excited when faced with so much vintage, so limiting myself to only spending the cash I bring is a good way to ensure I don’t go overboard with my purchases.

Bring a reusable bag
Not essential but I always try to bring reusable bags when I go op shopping, they fit more in than plastic, are easier to carry and are better for the environment, it’s win win!



This is what I'll be wearing next Saturday! Something comfy, fitted and super easy. So there you have it, follow my advice and you’ll breeze through the sale like a pro!


Leggings: Hand-me-down from mum
Jacket: Salvos Osborne Park $10
Jumper: Good Sammies Osborne Park $1
Bag: Mimco
Singlet: Op shop (worn under my jumper)
Shoes: Target
Sunglasses: Ray Ban


No comments:

Post a Comment