Wednesday 3 June 2015

Long Weekend


Luke and I, plus two of our good friends road tripped down to Margaret River for the long weekend, we ate out body weight in chocolate and cheese, played Cards Against Humanity for hours on end and drank A LOT of red wine. It was awesome! 



The greatest thing about going away with your best friend is having someone to snap outfit pics without the constant stream of complaints. Luke is very patient and tolerant with a lot of things, but taking blog photos is definitely not one of them. So I was thrilled to have one of my besties with me for our long weekend in wine country, I wore many cute outfits and she was there to snap them! (Thanks Tash!)



We stayed at the Redgate Beach Escape, which was perfect for two couples. Luke and I have stayed there before and were so excited to go back. They have four free standing two bedroom chalets all with uninterrupted views over the bush and out to sea. That view is seriously one of my absolute favourites. The chalets are set back from the road and are completely out of the way, you feel so secluded, but it’s only a 10 minute drive into the centre of Margaret River. This totally isn’t an add for Redgate Beach Escape, I just love it so much! The only down side is that because there are only four chalets, they get booked up really quickly. We only managed to nab one over the long weekend because of a last minute cancellation (yay for us!). 




On Sunday we went cruising around to some of the wineries, which was a perfect excuse to don a pretty dress. We visited Xanadu, Voyager, Leeuwin Estate and Watershed (with a lunch stop at Colonial Brewery), all were amazing and I spent way too much money on fancy wine… oops! I think a floral dress, boots and a felt hat is the uniform de-jure of wine tasting ladies, practically every second girl was wearing that combo so I was very tempted to leave my hat in the car for the last few stops. 


Outfit 1
Top: Vinnies Claremont $7
Skirt: Vinnies Claremont $3
Boots: Asos
Bag: Claremont Vinnies $4
Jacket: Salvos Osborne Park $15
Sunglasses: Pared Eyeware

Outfit 2*
Dress: St Lukes Op Shop, Mosman Park $12
Belt: Op Shop
Hat: Op Shop
Boots: Asos
Sunglasses: Pared Eyeware 



2 comments:

  1. That is quite cheap for that brand name wholesale clothing outfit. That boots from Asos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I got them at the end of last winter on super sale, I love them!

      Delete