Wednesday 21 October 2015

Red Cross Pop Up Shop


Why Hello there! Today I’m partnering with one of my absolute favourite op shop charities, The Australian Red Cross, and I couldn’t be more excited. Did you know that this Saturday the 24th of October is the national Garage Sale Trail event? If you don’t know what that is, do click the link, because it’s super cool and you don’t want to miss out! The Australia Red Cross are stepping things up a notch and hosting a massive Pop Up Shop in the Murray Street Mall on Saturday the 24th of October along with seven other charities. It’s like a massive op shop / garage sale in the middle of the city with all the money raised going to support the fantastic projects and programs these charities run. Pretty great huh?


All this week the Red Cross have a Donations Container set up in Forest Place near Top Shop, you can pop by and drop off some of your unwanted but excellent quality gear (clothing, accessories and household stuff welcome!). The container is open for donations only any time between 7am and 2pm until this Friday the 23rd. I stopped by on Monday morning and dropped off a bag of donations, including the two dresses in these photos. I also styled up one of the mannequins, there is seriously SO MUCH awesome stock it was hard to decide what to put on display. If you can’t get down to donate then I’d definitely encourage you to drop by and have a rummage on Saturday, it’s going to be epic!



When I stopped by the donations container on Monday I saw racks and racks of gorgeous clothes all ready to be sorted and organised by the fab Australian Red Cross volunteers and that was only the first day of donations! I had to drag myself away very reluctantly. I’ll be back on Friday to show you another couple of outfits I’ve donated to the Pop Up Shop that you’ll be able to purchase for a steal if you like them.




Red printed Kookai maxi dress - donated to the sale!
Vintage floral print dress - donated to the sale!

For more info check out the Red Cross Shops Facebook page


No comments:

Post a Comment