Friday 16 October 2015

Trackside


A lot of the time I find myself wearing outfits to work that many people would wear to a wedding or another special event. I try super hard to dress things down with basic hair, makeup and accessories. But what can I say, I just LOVE wearing pretty dresses and if I’ve got to work 40 hours a week I may as well be doing it in a fancy frock!




This dress is newly thrifted, it’s Leona Edmiston and I got it for a total steal. Obviously I was desperate to wear it immediately, so there was no way I was going to wait for a special event. But wouldn’t this be the perfect outfit for the races? The Melbourne Cup and all those fun racing events are coming up in a few weeks so I thought I’d whack on a facinator and show you what I might wear if I were going...



Unfortunately the Melbourne Cup is 3 days after my surgery, so I’ll be in no state to dress up and drink champagne track side (such a shame!). So instead of wearing this outfit to the races, I wore it to work, minus the facinator. Speaking of which, do you prefer a fascinator or a hat? Or even just a simple head band? My attitude towards fascinators is unlike the way I feel about any other accessory. Basically I only wear them once a year, so I only need to own one. Unlike some other blogger babes, like Amy from Willow Curves, I don’t wear fascinators regularly or on any day other than the first Tuesday in November, so I don’t feel the need to have a huge selection, plus they are SO expensive for what they are. I’ve had this red one for 4 years and have worn it every year. It was the perfect buy because it goes with so many different things. I’ve had no trouble putting together a new and exciting races look year after year.




Do you own lots of racing head-wear options, or just the one like me? What is your go-to Melbourne cup look?

Dress: Leona Edmiston, St Lukes Op Shop $8
Clutch: Alannah Hill, Vinnies Claremont $3
Boots: Bresley
Stockings: Leona Edmiston
Facinator: Gregory Ladner
Earrings: Mimco, gift



P.S We are half way through Frocktober!! Make sure you donate to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation by clicking HERE

1 comment: