Wednesday 2 December 2015

Hello December!


OH Hello December you gorgeous thing! I saw a meme on Facebook saying that December is basically a month full of Friday’s and I couldn’t agree more. Every day feels like the last day of school before the summer starts. The sun rises super early, the mornings are warm and the evenings balmy, the phone rings less and my work load dwindles as everyone gets ready for their Christmas break. It truly is the best time of year!




For the last few years I’ve been sharing my 12 outfits of Christmas on the blog. I’m going to attempt to do it again this year. I say attempt because I’m fully aware that I’ve been a terrible blogger recently and haven’t been posting nearly as often as I should. So I’ve got 12 outfits planned, but whether I get around to shooting them all is another matter (and considering the last TWO times I’ve gone to do an outfit shoot I’ve either left my camera at home or realised it was out of battery, things aren’t looking promising). But I’ll do my best!



So for my first outfit of Christmas I’m sharing my tree trimming look! My mum is pretty keen on decorating the family Christmas tree together, it’s a fun tradition where we eat fruit mince pies and drink champagne and hang up all the masses of festive ornaments my folks have been collecting for 40 years. Each year my brother and I buy a new decoration for the tree, we always try to outdo each other with who can find the best one, it’s sibling rivalry at its most vicious ;)



I'm going to wear this vintage maxi dress to our tree trimming day, it’s not a super traditional Christmas outfit, but it is perfect for a hot afternoon hanging out with my fam and covering the dog (um, I mean tree) in tinsel. Needless to say my red hat will almost certainly be swapped for a Santa hat, which will definitely up the festive-ness of my look. What are your Christmas traditions? Do you look forward to decorating your house each year?

Dress; Anglicare Belmont $8
Shoes: Good Sammies Subiaco $6
Hat: Op Shop



No comments:

Post a Comment