Friday 15 January 2016

Hola 2016!




HOLA! Welcome to 2016 In The Dress Up Box! I know I’m a bit behind and I honestly have no excuses to offer you. I just needed a little break from blogging to re-jig my mind and get pumped for a fun (stylish) year ahead. Some big things have been happening in these first few weeks of the year, I finally got my mortgage sorted and am now a real home owner (and consequentially seriously broke!), I also bought a new car and… (drum role please)… I got a new job! So I guess those are the excuses I offer for my blogging hiatus. Here’s what else I have been up to lately…
 



Cooking a lot of BBQs! I got my little outdoor area organised over the Chrissy break, complete with macramé plant hangers and a nifty new Barbie
Drinking champagne (I’m still in a celebratory mood!)
Wearing striped t-shirts, I picked up a fantastic Bassike one from Good Sammies for 25 cents!!
Buying a fab vintage peasant dress, I can’t wait to wear it with boots and a wool hat in autumn
Lusting over an outdoor rug… such a boring thing to want, but I really really do!
Watching The Office, I churned through the entire series over the holidays and fell in love with it all over again
Reading Fear and Clothing, SUCH an interesting book about personal style and what it can tell you about a person
Doing a lot of decorating, I’ve gone home-décor mad!
Dreaming of my next holiday of course. Nothing booked yet but I’m thinking Mauritius, Exmouth or Japan (or all three!)
 



On top of all that I also went to Bali for a family wedding, hosted some girlfriends from Queensland for a week of touristy fun, camped for a few nights at Rotto, did a TON of op shopping, cooking, eating and beach lazing. It was a pretty great silly season. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break and start to the new year. I finish up in my job next week and then have a bit of time off before starting my new role. I plan to dedicate that time to getting my blog sorted for the year ahead and creating some great new content. I've got lots of cool ideas swilling around at the back of my mind so I just need to organize my thoughts and start blogging! Have a fun weekend (I'm cruising down south for a beach volley comp!)


 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job and I'm looking forward to another year of keeping up with your style

    www.blogsbygabrielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gab!! Thank you for reading and commenting so often, I really love hearing your feedback. Happy new year! xx

      Delete
  2. Love your blog and looking forward to another year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda!!! Hope all is well with you xxx

      Delete
  3. Hannah - how did you go with your "buy nothing new" challenge for 2015?? Keen to hear the wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! I'm going to share a wrap up soon, it was a super fun challenge and definitely deepened my obsession with op shopping! xx

      Delete
  4. Very stylish and filled with full of joy blog. I really enjoyed to be here and read your blog. It is very impressive. Thank you so much for sharing.
    corporate wear and uniforms

    ReplyDelete