Friday 22 January 2016

Kicking Goals

Back in early November I set myself four goals to achieve by the end of the year. I’ve been doing this for the past few years and always enjoy challenging myself a little. I find setting short term goals so much more manageable then creating large lofty goals with no real time line attached. Anyway, I thought I’d let you know how I went achieving them…

Work my way up to running 10km
Yep, didn’t manage this one. I started off with the best intentions and down loaded a Couch to 10kms program, which I followed pretty closely for a few weeks. But my thyroid operation threw me off and then we moved house and I was literally TOO EXHAUSTED to even unpack a box let alone run for 30 minutes. So this fell by the way side. I’d definitely like to run more this year though, at the moment I rely solely on volleyball for exercise, which isn’t the worst (I do train and play up to 5 times a week) but introducing some additional training would definitely be good.

 

Branch out and try to use different outfit photo locations
I did manage this one! WOOHOO! I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and ventured away from those beloved colourful garage doors in Fremantle. After almost 3 years of blogging I’m still not very good at using my camera, so I kept an eye out for interesting backdrops that were in the shade and unoccupied before work starts (which is when I usually do my outfit shoots). Luckily Fremantle has a plethora of different options and I was thrilled to branch out a little and change it up. I’ll definitely be keeping it up this year
 

Sort, cull and sell my wardrobe
This one is a work in progress. While moving into our new house I was RUTHLESS with what I allowed back into my wardrobes. I filled two gigantic boxes with clothes I didn’t want anymore. One was donated to the Salvos straight away and the other is full of things I plan to sell at the Melville Markets. I didn’t get a chance to do a market stall before Christmas, but I’m planning to do one soon. I’ve also been pretty strict at sticking to my one-in one-out rule. So far this year I’ve only bought 2 dresses, but as they went into my wardrobe I pulled out two more and added them to my box of stuff to be sold. Told you I was being ruthless!



Complete a gallery wall in my new home
I didn’t so much create a gallery wall as I did decorate my entire house in the space of two weeks. So I’m definitely chalking this one up to a win. At some point I’ll share more images of my new place, because I’m pretty chuffed with how it all turned out. I was so impressed with how quickly I managed to pull everything together using only stuff from Gumtree, op shops and IKEA (I have a mortgage now so no extra cash to splash on fancy furniture that doesn’t require an Allan key to assemble).


So that’s it, I achieved 2.5 of my 4 goals… not bad considering the circumstances I was working with. Have you made any resolutions for the new year? Or goals you’d like to kick in 2016? I’d love to hear about them!



1 comment:

  1. Oh I so hope that you have a stylish wardrobe to hang them all in, they are lovely. I used to own a very small wardrobe, but having saved up some money I decided to treat myself to a fabulous new wardrobe. I hired a local wardrobe company who helped me to choose the style and finish that I wanted.

    Angella Frasier @ 4 Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete